Ogunquit, Maine, Bed & Breakfast
Our charming, old Ogunquit, Maine, Bed & Breakfast, Puffin Inn, seems to have been here forever. This former sea captain’s home is the perfect place to relax and unwind. The large open front porch is lined with rocking chairs and overflowing boxes of flowers. Sink into an Adirondack chair and soak up the afternoon sun, read a favorite book, or simply enjoy the surroundings and beautiful flower gardens at the best bed & breakfast in Ogunquit, Maine.
Puffin Inn is just a short walk to the town village with its intriguing shops, fine restaurants and renowned galleries. The Inn is only minutes from Ogunquit Beach, the picturesque Perkins Cove and the breathtaking seaside footpath known as Marginal Way.
Amenities offered at this Ogunquit B&B
“From phenomenal morning breakfast to the individual care we received, we could not have asked for a better B&B! The rooms are spotless and decorated with such care and a modern flair. The grounds are meticulous. Michele is a fantastic cook, baker, and professional hostess. Tim is full of life and a true professional.”
- A complimentary homemade three course breakfast is served each morning. Enjoy two Raspberry Peach Prosecco Bellini’s with your breakfast during peak season in July and August.
- Ten well-appointed, individually decorated guest rooms.
- Each guest room has its own private bathroom and comfortable sitting area.
- A 20″ flat-screen HDTV with DVD player in every guest room.
- Small fridge, hair dryer, iron and ironing board in all guest rooms.
- Complimentary wireless internet access throughout the Inn.
- Full concierge service (recommendations, reservations, and good conversation).
- Guest-controlled air conditioning in every guest room.
- We also have an extensive wine and beer list for you to enjoy while here. If possible, please let us know prior to arrival which item(s) you are interested in and we will have it waiting in your room. Letting us know in advance will also ensure that we have plenty of inventory available.
A bit of history about the Inn
In the late 1800’s, the original part of this charming historic home sat on a parcel of land on Route 1 in Ogunquit. It was constructed by a sea captain named Walter Perkins. Eventually he decided to relocate the home up on a hill, elsewhere on Route 1. At the time, moving a house was quite a feat. It was loaded onto a trolley and pulled by a single horse. The climb was so arduous that the horse had to walk in circles, slowly making its way up the hill, where it now rests.
Puffin Inn is just a short walk to the town village with its intriguing shops, fine restaurants and renowned galleries. The Inn is only minutes to Ogunquit beach, picturesque Perkins Cove and the breathtaking shoreside footpath known as Marginal Way. MORE
At our Ogunquit Bed and Breakfast, you will awake to the aromas of a homemade, 3 course breakfast and a fresh cup of coffee or tea served in our indoor dining room, cozy enclosed breakfast porch, or outside at a bistro table on the open front porch. MORE
An amazing gift from very special guests who stayed with us November 2015. Take a look to get an idea of who we are and what the Puffin Inn is all about. Hope to see you soon. Cheers! Michele and Tim